Wednesday, July 21, 2010

grin and bare the pain...

sometimes i sit here and wonder,
maybe i'm so angry at you because i still have feelings for you,
but i am reluctant to walk down that road,
and until i resolve this anger i don't think i'll be good for you,

i am angry at you because you lied to me,
you told me you could offer me friendship,
but you put limits to that friendship,
even after all the things i did for you,

the dinners we ate together,
the drives we took to send you home,
all of that seemed to hold no value to you,
and i grew sick of constantly having to prove myself to you,

i don't want to be the nice guy who gets pushed around,
though it may seem i give in a lot,
but i am done trying,
the only person i need to find is myself,

the only heart i need to mend is my own,
the pain i endure i must let go,
this anger i feel i must release,
i can't keep killing myself just to make you happy...

by Austin Camoens

No comments:

Post a Comment